THURSDAY EVENING RECEPTION Please join us for a FREE reception with refreshment and appetizers on Thursday evening, September 8, from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The event is sponsored by Dynavax, a company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines that modulate the immune system to prevent disease. Come network with fellow association members and other employee health professionals. To attend, please make sure to check “I will attend” on the Registration Form.
FRIDAY ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING AND AWARD LUNCHEON Join us at the annual business meeting and award luncheon on Friday, September 9 from 11:50 am – 1:15 pm. The luncheon meeting is included in your main conference registration. This special event recognizes winners of AOHP individual and chapter awards. Celebrate with the award winners and hear the latest news from AOHP board members. To attend, please make sure to check “I will attend” on the Registration Form. This event is sponsored by QIAGEN.
WEDNESDAY OPENING RECEPTION The reception will be held Wednesday, September 7 in the exhibit hall at the Austin Marriott Downtown. Discover new products, mingle with exhibitors, and learn about the companies who work to make your professional life easier. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet with the exhibitors, enjoy a few hours of networking, savor the munchies, and have fun.
- Before you travel, plan ahead.
- Let the hotel know if you will be arriving late when you make your hotel reservation. If your flight is delayed, inform the hotel as soon as possible to secure your booking.
- Take your expensive jewelry/valuables with you or put them in the hotel safe. Don’t leave them in your room.
- View the agenda ahead of time. Make sure you know when and where the sessions/events will be held and be prompt as a courtesy to the speaker and other attendees.
- Meeting rooms in the hotel are often too cold or too warm. Dress in layers and bring sweaters/shawls and socks with you.
- Make sure you bring a pair of comfortable walking shoes. Lots of attractions and beaches in the area that you don’t want to miss.
- Remember to bring lots of business cards. You will need the business cards for networking, exhibitors, and door prize drawings.
- Relax, enjoy, and have fun!